This plugin allows to include instances of Google Maps in your blogs with a simple editor button. You can insert maps everywhere: in your theme files, posts and pages. The points can include custom title, description, marker and thumbnail. The plugin is designed to allow multiple interactions with the users: Animations, Slideshows, Scrolls and more.
- Multiple features allowed like slideshows and scrolls, to interact with the maps.
- The plugin can handle large number of map points.
- Points can be added using address or coordinates.
- Addresses in different languages allowed.
- Simple editor button to include points and maps into the posts and pages.
- Custom markers.
- Faster and more applicable to mobile devices.
- Maps in multiple languages.
- Points under categories can be included.
- You can customize the html of the info window box on the settings.
- The plugin is based on WordPress shortcode and allows many options like: initial zoom, width, height, categories, post ID, specific address, marker and thumbnail.
- English – default
- French – Thanks to Nicolas Mollet
- Polish – Thanks to Łukasz Farysej
- Slovak – Thanks to Branco Radenovich
- Spanish – Thanks to Alain Gonzalez
Please contact me [alaingoga at gmail] in order to include your language within the plugin package.
- Upload ‘Google Map Shortcode’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to the Google Map Shortcode Options page under settings and save your preferred options.
- Using the Google Map editor button insert the address and add the map into your posts/pages.
- Can I use a custom marker?
Yes, the plugin includes some markers images powered by Maps Icons Collection but you can upload your own icon.
- The plugin allows using address in other languages?
Yes, you can use addresses in different languages.
- The custom fields are needed?
No, the custom fields are not needed, and it is recommended to delete them after importing the address to the database.
- How to use my old custom fields addresses and coordinates?
When the map is deployed or when the Google Map Shortcode Editor panel is open in the post. The addresses/coordinates attached to the post using custom fields are imported to the database.
Wouldn’t advise using any more, it leaves a backdoor to Botnet installation and mass mailing.
doesn’t work any longer
Contributors & Developers
“Google Map Shortcode” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Slovak language added – Thanks to Branco Radenovich.
- Editor box added for icons and thumbnails.
- Modules added.
- Polish language added.
- New icon added.
- Animation bug fixed.
- Custom field deprecated.
- The point’s information is saved in the database.
- Points based on coordinates included.
- French language added.
- Special characters bugs fixed.
- Internationalization added.
- Special characters bugs fixed.
- allow_url_fopen exception added.
- get excerpt bug fixed.
- Map type added.
- Marker animation option added.
- Focus option added.
- Maps margin and alignment added.
- Performance improved.
- More map languages included
- Preview map added on the map editor panel.
- Google Map Shortcode tab added to the media editor window.
- Upload Image button added.
- Cleaning string before saving points fixed.
- Other bugs fixed.
- Allows selecting single point icon, title and description.
- Html filters added.
- Just one custom field by post to include all the points.
- Icon selection improved.
- Geocoding API request changed.
- Html width parameter included.
- Custom marker added.
- Editor button added.
- Ready for translation.
- Maps in different languages allowed.
- Loops related bugs fixed.
- More than 10 points allows per page fixed.
- New custom field included in order to cache the Latitude and Longitude and avoid extra Google Geocoder requests.
- More than one point per post fixed.
- Initial release.