Whenever you make an SVN commit on a Google Code project, you can instruct Google to send a notice to someplace else. Utilizing the upcoming custom post type functionality in WordPress 3.0, this plugin creates a new content type called SVN and inserts the post commit messages from Google Code into WordPress.
This plugin serves as a functional example of how custom post types are supposed to work. At the time of this release, WordPress 3.0 is not out and thus not officially supported in word or implication. Do not ask me to support custom content types. 🙂
Also, because WordPress 3.0 is pre-release, the functionality might (but probably won’t) change. I’ll do my best to keep this up to date.
Note, you must have WordPress 3.0 (pre-release) and PHP 5.2+
Someone asked me what my favorite thing is? Battle unicorns. That is all… carry on.
How to manually install.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Copy the Post Commit Authentication Key from the Administer > Source portion of your Google Code project.
- Paste into the Settings > Google Code options page to activate.
- Copy the Post-Commit URL on the Config page into Google Code Post-Commit URL field on Administer > Source
- Enjoy a beer.
- Why do commits go into WordPress in the wrong order?
Messages from Google are not chronological. It’s weird. Don’t ask. Complain to them. WordPress processes the messages in the order they are received.
- Any particular system requirements I should know about?
Yes. You need PHP 5.2+. Sorry, I don’t do PHP 4.3, which is the minimum requirement for WordPress. Tell your host you want PHP 5. If they won’t give it to you, find another host.
- Can you help me expand this plugin to a different use case?
Not for free, but I’d certainly be willing to talk to you about professional services related to this and other WordPress-specific work. Email me at and reference this plugin.
- Can I apply special CSS?
Yes, all posts of the special post type have an ‘svn’ CSS class for the post div.
- How do I use this in my theme?
Custom Loop. Usually written like
$my_loop = new WP_Query('post_type=svn');See the WordPress Codex for more info.
Contributors & Developers
“Google Code Commit Tracking” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial import