Google Buzz plugin for WordPress allows you to get latest Buzzes for your Blog.
Besides setting username for fetching feeds, you can setup caching and response time + number of posts to fetch.
If caching is turned on your feed will check every X minutes for updates and your blog will run fast without need to load data from remote server. If caching time is expired new version of feed will be downloaded to your server and used for later processing.
Also you can setup number of seconds to wait for response, and if you don’t get response in that period of time local feed will be displayed automatically and your user want see downtime of remote server.
- Caching – you cen setup caching of buzz posts for faster loading of your website
- Number of posts – You can limit number of posts to display from Buzz feed
- Widget ready – After installation you can frag and drop widget to your sidebar
- More to come – I’m working on new features as well and plugin will be updated regulary
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- After activation, inside Plugins menu you will see “Buzz configuration”. Click on it and set up details: Google Buzz Username, Caching in minutes (for default set 1),response time in seconds (5 for default), number of posts to fetch
- To display it go to Appereance->Widgets and from there drag Google Buzz Widget to your sidebar or where you want to display feeds (note that here you can also setup Buzz plugin)
- You can also place
<?php addgooglebuzz('googleusername'); ?>in your templates
- Is it possible to get only LIs without starting and ending UL?
Yes, it is possible. addgooglebuzz function accepts 4 parametars addgooglebuzz(‘googelusername’, cache_time, responsetime, returnUl). If you want to get only LIs than you should call it like addgooglebuzz(‘googelusername’, 2, 5, false);
- Can i use in tamplate username that i have configured in administration?
You can do it also, just pass empty string ass first parametar or don’t pass any parametar to function. Example:
<?php addgooglebuzz(); ?>
All questions need to be redirected at http://www.hariscusto.com/buzz
Contributors & Developers
“Google Buzz” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- First version commit.
- If you enter wrong username you get nice message ðŸ™‚
- You can now add it manualy in your templates with function
- Now you can set up limit of posts to display