The tool is still in early development, your feedback is appreciated!
The Google Bot Bling Plugin is designed to help website owners know when Google has indexed their website by sending an email to the website owner each time the Google Bot crawls their website.
This plugin is being maintained by Phill Coxon (http://phillcoxon.com) who you can find on twitter: http://twitter.com/phillcoxon
If you would like to donate to help support future development of this tool, please visit http://phillcoxon.com/wp/
To install the plugin, please upload the folder to your plugins folder and active the plugin. Once you’ve activated the plugin, visit the admin page.
- How do I test Google Bot Bling?
After setting the options in your administration tool, the plugin will auto generate a secret filename for your site. Copy that filename and add it to the query string of your website so it reads:
- Original Developer
This plugin was originally developed by Christopher Ross (http://thisismyurl.com) and was taken over by Phill in Jan 2016
Contributors & Developers
“Google Bot Bling” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- renamed cr_ to thisismyurl_ for compatibility
- moved core function to the init routine instead of footer
- minimized external calls
- removed email routine
- cleaned up code
- moved file to option
- Added welcome message
- Fixed feed
- Official release
- removed update functions
- fixed bug in settings over write
- standardized the interface
- added support links
- added test function (?test=[filename])
- fixed a display error in the page url’s affecting websites hosted in subdirectories
- set default values
- plugin now sends email as the $email user
- plugin writes to a file upon request
- rss count lowered
- added seconds between updates