What is Goal?
Goal is an optional campaign tracking feature available for paid accounts that lets you trigger autoresponders based on subscriber activity from your email campaigns to your website. The Goal integration can also be used to create segments of subscribers allowing you to send targeted campaigns to your subscribers based on their Goal activity.
Enable Goal for your MailChimp account
Before installing MailChimp Goal for WordPress, make sure to enable Goal tracking in your MailChimp account. From your MailChimp dashboard:
- Click your profile name to expand the Account Panel, then choose Account Settings.
- Click the Extras menu, and choose Integrations.
- Under the Goal heading, click “Enable.”
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Connect your MailChimp account in Settings > MailChimp Goal.
- Where can I find my MailChimp API Key?
From your MailChimp dashboard:
- Click your profile name to expand the Account Panel and choose Account Settings.
- Click the Extras menu and choose API keys.
- Copy an existing API key or click the Create A Key button.
- Label your key to keep your keys organized.
- I don’t see any Goal activity for my subscribers, is it broken?
In order for Goal to track subscribers, you’ll want to check two things:
First, make sure Goal has been enabled in your MailChimp account. After logging in to Mailchimp, click on your profile name to expand the Account Panel and choose Account Settings. Click the Extras menu and choose Integrations. From the list of integrations, click on the Goal option and click Enable.
Second, in order to track subscribers, you’ll need to send a campaign with Goal tracking enabled.
Goal for MailChimp honors “Do Not Track” requests. Any user including this header will not be tracked via Goal.
- Does MailChimp Goal work with Forever Free accounts?
Right now, Goal is only available for paid accounts.
Contributors & Developers
“MailChimp Goal for WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Switch to using v3.0 of the MailChimp API.
- General code cleanup.
- Get rid of php short tags.
- Fix issue where datacenters wouldn’t save.
- Initial release of MailChimp Goal for WordPress.
- Limit API calls to 1 inital call and save the significant values.
- Make things generally not explode-y.