gMapTip is a Google Maps Plug-in. With gMapTip you can easily add Tooltips to your post to let everyone know where he/she can find shops, restaurants, etz. in his/her environment or just show everyone where something in this world is located.
For more information visit: http://www.gnomx.at/gmaptip
- Upload all the files in
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Start writing posts with a much easier way to post Google Maps.
- How to use ?
Select a word and click the button or click “Quick Local Search” in the menu. This Option will automatically add a local search Tooltip to the Word. (e.g.. “Starbucks” – will search all Starbucks Shops in the viewers city.)
You can also Customize Local Search by clicking “Custom Local Search” where you can show everyone where to find a Starbucks somewhere else around the world.
If you didn’t use the Rich Text editor or any other Editor you can add a Map Tip by this Tag:
[gmt MAPLINKTYPE:MAPOPTIONS: ] Link Text [/gmt]«
There is another Option to add a Tooltip which shows a specific Point you chose.
Contributors & Developers
“gMapTip” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Reworked a lot of it, didn’t want to bump to 2.0.
- You can now Set Marks, just click on the map and a window will pop up. With options for lat/lng, title and you can define your own marker image.
- Added More UI to the output Map, you can now switch the Mat Types.
- Small Google Maps API Update.
- Changed Editor functions, it looks now like a Link and you can now edit already inserted Links.
- Changed Tooltip Anchoring to fix some issues with some Themes.
- Fixed a Problem with Safari and Google Gears installed, where the auto Mode didn’t worked.
- Fixed IE Issue, should now work with Internet Explorer to (damn “,”).
- Added styling Options, you can add some own style to the Tip.
- Have done a nasty fix for the problem that the local search markers didn’t show up when hover a second time over the link.
- Completely rewritten it with Google Maps API v3 it should now run on nearly all browsers.
- Because it’s v3, you didn’t need a api key any longer.
- Fixed Tooltip position
- 2 minor bug fixes
- Initial Release.