Share your recent, loved or top tracks scrobbled on Last.fm.
It is also possible to display the top albums, top artists, weekly track chart, weekly album chart and weekly artist chart.
The optional template system will let you present your data as you want. If you do not want to use a custom template, a default presentation with covers will be shown.
gLastFM is based on Lastfm-covers, but it has evolved and almost doesn’t share any common code now.
- Template system so you can display what you want, as you want.
- Default presentation with different cover sizes (small, medium, large and extra-large) if you do not use the template system.
- Easily configurable and customizable
- Use cached data if the data from Last.fm is unavailable or too much recent
- Display the items as a list for easy styling
- Clicking a cover or title can redirect you to the related Last.fm page
- Improved theme with new pictures (see the ‘license.txt’ file in the theme directory)
- Clicking on the title of the widget will take you to the user’s Last.fm page
- Lot of code cleaning
- Corrected some translations
- Better Last.fm error handling (no longer have PHP errors in case of failure)
- Use of unique names for functions and global variables to avoid conflicts
- Respect WordPress coding standards better
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Extract and upload the ‘glastfm’ directory to your ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Edit the plugin configuration in the WordPress “settings” category
- Add the widget in your sidebar
- Why aren’t some fields available in the template depending on what I want to display?’
That’s because the fields aren’t available in the JSON data we retrieved from Last.fm.
- Where do you fetch all this data?
I fetch it using the Last.fm API (http://www.lastfm.fr/api) in JSON format using your API key, the cURL library and the json_decode PHP function.
- Is it possible to include field X or ranking Y?
Maybe. Just contact me 🙂
- I have tons of wonderful ideas for your plugin. What should I do?
Just let me know, it’s always good to hear other people ideas!
- OMG WHAT IS THIS CRAP, IT DOESN’T WORK!!!
Go to this page and follow the instructions: http://www.gabsoftware.com/support/ . Oh yes, and do not use CAPS please.
- The widget does not render well on my WordPress, why, and what should I do?
Although the widget should display fine on most sidebars, if it doesn’t render well, that’s probably a CSS issue.
Try to hack the widget CSS and/or use a custom template so that you can style the output yourself.
- Another question ?
If you have a question or a problem you can contact me on my website: http://www.gabsoftware.com/contact/ or on the plugin webpage.
Contributors & Developers
“gLastFM” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added support for Weekly track chart, Weekly artist chart and Weekly album chart
- Added support for different cover sizes (small, medium, large and extra-large)
- Fixed recent charts display limit+1 items when one item is “now playing”
- Reorganized the tags so that “%x%” and “%xurl%” appear together
- The %title% tag is now the %track% tag
- The tags %coverurl%, %coversmallurl%, %covermediumurl%, %coverlargeurl% and %coverextralargeurl% are now available for your template
- Cosmetic tweaks
- New pictures used for CD jewel case
- Option to display credits (thanks if you do!)
- The message “(from cache)” is now optional
- Code cleaning
- Added an option to use a custom template.
- Can now display the top albums and top artists
- Now use JSON format instead of XML (easier to work with)
- Improved widget settings
- CSS tweaks
- Added a link so that users do not forget to set an API key
- Updated this readme
- Bugs fixed
- Bugs fixed
- Corrected the case where the XML data is corrupted or incomplete
- Initial release