Plugin that allows you to embed details from github just by pasting in the URL as you would any other embed source. Currently supports:
- User profiles
- Project milestone summaries
- Project contributors
The plugin provides very basic styling, but adds classes so you can style as you see fit. If anyone has some ideas for a better default stylesheet – pull requests welcome!
The main development is all going on on GitHub.
- Upload the plugin to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Paste a Github repo, or user URL into a post, or page
- Can I change the layout?
Not yet, we’re hoping to add templating – all contributions welcome!
Had a couple of issues making it work but it was all a PEBKAC. Great support from author!
Contributors & Developers
“Github Embed” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fixes for newer GitHub milestone URLs
- Fix PHP warning that could block contributor embeds.
- Fix Contributor embeds to use correct API call
- Pass correct initial value to credentials filters
- Expire the oEmbed cache daily
- Split API calls into separate class
- Implement milestone summaries
- Implement contributor lists
- Default CSS and more styling
- First release