A plugin for getting and displaying the current weather conditions in any given locale. GetWeather is a very simple to use, but can return a range of data.
A required attribute to define what city you want weather from
If using the attribute "desc", this string will replace the default city name.
A list of what attributes you want the plugin to return, and in what order to return them in.
Currently, you can include these things in your list of options (in any order, too):
* desc - descriptiong - either the default, or one you define * icon - display the weather icon * temp - temperature * forecast - text description of current conditions * curtime - current time (or last weather update time) * sunrise - sunrise for today * sunset - sunset for today * vis - visible distance * wind - wind speed * hum - humidity * dew - dew point * high - high temperature * low - low temperature * sunset-sunrise - sunset/rise as one item * high-low - High and low as one item
- Change the config variables in the “EDIT THIS” section (You may want to use the weather icons, in which case you should upload them to your server as well.)
- Upload this plugin to your wp-plugins/ directory
- Active the GetWeather Plugin via the admin menu
- Place this code in your template:
Or get much more fancy and include:
You need only change the “citycode” (the first variable in the function) to your own city. You may use a US zip code in place of a standard city code. International users will have to use a standard city code.