This plugin helps to spread one of the greatest browser we have yet, by displaying a get firefox button in the sidebar of your blog or anywhere else.
Languages included are english and german so far. If you like to translate this plugin to including the images to a third language, please contact me. Thank you!
You can place the badge via the old and the new wordpress widget interface. If your theme is not widdget ready, you can place this
<?php if(function_exists('get_firefox'))get_firefox(); ?> codesnippet anywhere in your template file to display the firefox download button.
- Unpack the zipfile getfirefox-X.y.zip
- Upload folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to settings -> GetFirefox and configure colors etc.
<?php if(function_exists('get_firefox'))get_firefox(); ?>in your template or use the sidebar widgets.
- How often is the download counter updated?
Once an hour. You can set the timeout on the plugins option page!
- Why can’t I choose layout 4 and 5 via widget interface?
Because those layouts appear in a “pagepeel like” way and need to be placed on absolute position.
Some themes use absolute positioning for there sidebar, therefore we inject the button code in the paages footer.
Note: your template have to call wp_footer()
- Why not spread Google Chrome?
Contributors & Developers
“GetFirefox” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- v0.4 15.04.2010 set download link to www.firefox.com by default
- v0.3 16.03.2010 easier to change download link now
- v0.2 12.03.2010 fixed small js issue on ie6
- v0.1 09.03.2010 initial release