Choose to display any of the following for any user: user name, first and last name, avatar, description or website. A title can be added along with a css class to allow styling if needed. Is available as a widget or shortcode. Use [userinfo user=”User Name” class=”CssClass” title=”My Title” username=”true” name=”true” avatar=”true” description=”true” website=”true”].
get-user-infofile to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add a Get User Info widget to any sidebar and add a title, cssClass if needed then add the user name of the user you want to display. Check any other information you would like to display. You can also display the user info by using the following shortcode ‘[userinfo user=”User Name” class=”CssClass” title=”My Title” username=”true” name=”true” avatar=”true” description=”true” website=”true”]’ (replace User Name with the user name that you want to display ex. [userinfo user=”Bill” class=”CssClass” title=”My Title” username=”true” name=”true” avatar=”true” description=”true” website=”true”]). Just use false in the shortcode or don’t include it if you don’t want it to display.
Contributors & Developers
“Get User Info” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added the ability to display the username in the widget or shortcode.
- Added the ability to add the description param to the shortcode or by checking the description box to show the users description in the widget.
- Added the ability to add the website param to the shortcode. Also added the ability to decide to show first and last name and avatar via shortcode or widget.
- Cleaned up some code.
- Added the ability to choose to display the user’s website in a link if they have it available via a checkbox.
- Added the css class and title functionality to the shortcode.
- Added the css class functionality to the widget.
- Added the readme.txt file
- Added a title field in the widget. Added some formating and cleaned up the code a bit.
- Original file upload.