This plugin adds the ability to put a shortcode tag in any static page or post and have it display an excerpt from your latest blog post.
There are no settings or options.
It generates markup like this, which you can style as desired:
<div class='latest-post'> <p class='title'><a href='http://www.mysite.ca/blog/post'>Look ma, no hands!</a></p> <p class='excerpt'>Today I rode a bicycle …<a href="http://www.mysite.ca/blog/post">Continue reading <span class="meta-nav">→</span></a></p> </div>
- Upload the plugin to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory and unzip it.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
[get_latest_post]in your pages.
It displays your latestest post.
Now if only there was a way to display just the latest POST TITLE and nothing else (linked to the Post of course) I would be happy. Can’t seem to find such a plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Get Latest Post” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- More WordPress VIP coding standards
- refactored in to class
- updated “tested up to” to 4.3.1
- WordPress VIP coding standards; updated “tested up to” to 4.1
- Updated “tested up to” to 3.9.1
- Call wp_reset_query() at the end.
- Initial release.