With this simple plugin allow users to get comment posting error message within the page users just editing.
- HTTP errors(timeout, url error, …) will not be handled this plugin. When any HTTP error occurs your browser will show a standard error page. This limitation comes from jQuery.js does not handle exceptions while establish async socket.
- This plugin works as long as you use the default posting error page as the WordPress destribution provides. This limitation comes from the plugin’s error message discovering logic. Possibly I can add an admin option with which you can specify a XPath used to find an error message block. However it will make the plugin not so simple, so I hesitate to do it.
- Download the plugin archive.
- Unzip the archive.
- Upload the unzipped directory and its contents to your WordPress plugins folder (/wp-content/plugins/).
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- How to change appearance of error message and/or icon?
Font color, margins and others are defined in wp-gemt.css, placed in the directory of this plugin. Please modify it freely to be what should it be. And loading icon is loading.gif, placed in the same directory.
The structual placement of the text and icon, currenctly after the submit button, is currently fixed. sorry.
- Other plugins started incorrect beviours.
Contributors & Developers
“Get Error Message There” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- 2007-10-19 0.94
FIX: Make the plugin to be worked under more Apache web servers, now it does not require Apache’s Content Negotiation feature.
- 2007-10-08 0.93
CHG: Support for WordPress 2.3.
- 2007-07-07 0.92
CHG: $() to jQuery(). Make it working with other plugins, say Gengo, which eliminate jQuery default namespace $().
- 2007-06-16 0.91
BUG: When backing previous page after comment posted successfully users see disabled submit button and loading indicator.
BUG: Reloaing problem. In IE7, newly posted comment was not updated in the editing window after posting it.
- 2007-06-15 0.9
First public version.
- 2007-06-11 0.1