This plugin lets you save location information with posts, pages, and other WordPress objects.
These can then be presented on interactive maps in many ways.
Geo Mashup, like WordPress, has a simple interface for basic features,
templates for control of output, and APIs for endless customization options.
Some popular features are:
- Use different map providers: Google Maps v3, OpenStreetMap, Leaflet
- Global maps can present your posts in many ways
They can show just one category, custom taxonomy term, or custom post type, for example
Clicking on a post marker shows a customizable summary of the post or page in an info window
- A Geo Search widget enables searching for content by distance from a search location
- Marker clustering for Google maps
- Location can be saved for all post types (including pages) users, and comments
- Synchronize Geodata with the Geo location mobile client and other plugins
- Support for both standard WordPress shortcodes and template tags to add maps to your site.
- Reverse geocoding to fill in address information for locations
- GeoRSS automatically added to feeds
- Attach KML files to posts and pages
- Connect category markers with a colored line
- Ukranian by Ivanka of Everycloudtech updated in version 1.8.6
- Dutch by delicatesther updated in version 1.8.5
- German by Thomas Morvay added in version 1.5.4
- Slovak by B. Radenovich of Web Hosting Watch updated in version 1.5.4
- Romanian by Florin Dumitru added in version 1.5
- Irish by Vikas Arora added in version 1.4.11
- Russian by Tony added in version 1.4.10
- Hindi by Outshine Solutions added in version 1.4.9
- Polish by Kamil added in version 1.4.7
- Portugese by Antonio Xeira added in version 1.4.2
- Italian by Federico added in version 1.3.10
- French updated in version 1.3.7
- Spanish by Reven added in version 1.3.3
- Swedish by Joakim Green added in version 1.3.3
- Belorussian by FatCow added in version 1.2.8
Thanks to JetBrains for providing cutting edge development tools to this project.
- Installation Instructions
GeoMashup supports [standard WordPress plugin installation].
Thanks a lot !
It took me a while to find a good plugin for my travel website.
And Geomashup was working pretty well, until I installed the polylang plugin to translate my website.
Since then, it creates a conflict with the taxinomy, I had take off the categories and I can’t sort my articles out by colors anymore.
Which lose all the interest.
Let me know if you find any solution, otherwise I’ll have to change plugin I guess.
my site relies on this plugin 100%
a very advanced and useful plugin.
This is a very flexible plugin to include maps into a wordpress blog. It allows for all sort of customizations, while already “out of the box” providing some very flexible features 🙂
Does exactly what I wanted – individual maps, category maps, and a universal map!
Contributors & Developers
“Geo Mashup” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Features are generally added in one-dot releases, while two-dot releases contain fixes and small updates.
1.10.0 Jan 11 2017
1.9.1 Oct 15 2016
1.9.0 Sep 22 2016
1.8.9 Jun 28 2016
1.8.8 Feb 17 2016
1.8.7 Jan 19 2016
1.8.6 Sep 30 2015
1.8.5 Sep 27 2015
1.8.4 May 18 2015
Move official source from Google Code to Github.
1.8.3 Jan 11 2015
Thanks to Paolo Perego of armoredcode.com for finding and fixing an XSS bug in the
geo search widget.
1.8.2 Nov 17 2014
1.8.1 Oct 9 2014
1.8.0 Jul 14 2014
1.7.3 Jan 22 2014
1.7.2 Nov 1 2013
1.7.1 Oct 29 2013
1.7.0 Sep 24 2013
1.6.2 Jul 9 2013
1.6.1 Jun 22 2013
1.6.0 May 1 2013
1.5.3 Feb 25 2013
1.5.2 Feb 11 2013
1.5.1 Feb 9 2013
1.5 Feb 7 2013
1.4.12 Dec 6 2012
1.4.11 Dec 5 2012
1.4.10 Aug 5 2012
1.4.8 Mar 27 2012
1.4.7 Feb 11 2012
1.4.6 Jan 2012
1.4.5 Dec 2011
1.4.4 Nov 2011
1.4.3 Nov 2011
1.4.2 Nov 2011
1.4.1 Jul 2011
1.4 Jul 2011
- Issue 228 Inline location (geo_mashup_save_location) not working
- Issue 219 locate_template() undefined in WordPress 2.6
- Adjusted sub-cat titles in the tabbed index control to show only when they have located children
- Issue 194 Post locations not saving
- Issue 185 Sticky posts appear in all info windows
- Issue 183 Percentage not allowed for width settings
- Issue 181 Marker is not showing up after update
- Issue 177 Info window for post not loading (spinning wait icon)
- MySQL 4 incompatibilities
- New features lost to the fogs of time.