Please Note: This plugin only works with the Genesis Framework
The Genesis Widget Background allows you to set a background for your featured page widget. You can use the featured image of the selected page, a custom image or a background color. Also, there is an option to set the background fixed. With this plugin, it is a breeze to create a single page template.
More information, an example, and the manual can be found on WPStudio.
- Custom image upload field
- Choose your own background color
- For cleaner UI , fields show/hide based on user selection
- Option for fixed background image
- Show hide page title
- Show hide page content
- Content character limit
- Works alongside the original Genesis – Featured Page
- Genesis 2.0
- For the moment only HTML5 compatible
Disclaimer: This plugin is a forked version of the Genesis – Featured Page Advanced widget. Props go to StudioPress for developing the widget. The plugin is based on the orignal code of the Featured Page Advanved Widget.
- You have a couple options:
- Go to Plugins -> Add New and search for “Genesis Widget Background”. Once found, click “Install”.
- Download the folder from WordPress.org and unzip the folder. Then upload via Plugins -> Add New -> Upload.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Please Note: This plugin is only for Genesis Framework users. Genesis is a premium product by StudioPress. If you do not have Genesis 2.0+ or WordPress 3.6+, the plugin will not activate.
Contributors & Developers
“Genesis Widget Background” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Update: fix for Genesis 3.0
- Removed genesis_pre function check on activation
- Bugfix, Show only title works now.
- Bugfix, Featured image page shows correctly.
- Internationalize Plugin
- Add dutch language
- Bugfix, label on Background fixed sets the correct option.
- Initial Release