This plugin lets you easily remove the page title from specific pages. Don’t want “Home” at the top of your homepage? Activate, then edit the homepage and check “Hide”.
You can also set sitewide defaults. If you don’t want page titles on any pages, go to Genesis > Theme Settings > Title Toggle and check the appropriate box. Once a post type has the default set to remove, when editing a page you can selectively turn on that page’s title.
Finally, if you’re comfortable with code you can use the
be_title_toggle_post_types filter to change the post types this applies to (it only applies to pages by default).
genesis-title-togglefolder to your
Activate the “Genesis Title Toggle” plugin in your WordPress administration interface
When editing a page, go down to the Title Toggle metabox and check “hide” to hide that page’s title.
(Optional) Go to Genesis > Theme Settings > Title Toggle to remove titles on all pages by default.
As soon as I noticed who developed this plugin didn’t care about the amount of downloads or stars, I knew it would work and be awesome with no problems
Thanks Bill for another great piece of work, still think people should have to pay for these plugins to, dont like this free everything stuff
I looked on all of the tabs and saw no indication that the Genesis Framework is required for this plugin. Until now I’d never heard of that framework.
I didn’t know it was required until I tried to install the plugin on a site and got a message that the Genesis Framework is required.
I strongly recommend this requirement be prominently displayed to prevent other people from doing the same thing.
For use with the Centric Pro theme, go here:
Great plugin, thank you so much!
Everything works without title loading problems that I know from other plugins that try to hide title.
Contributors & Developers
“Genesis Title Toggle” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Properly sanitize the metabox key before saving.
- Added option to make site title an h1 when editing homepage. More information: http://www.billerickson.net/genesis-h1-front-page/
- Fix issue when you have all titles disabled by default
- Fix issue with HTML5 themes using post formats
- Updated the metabox code to prevent conflicts with other plugins
- General refresh of the code to make it cleaner and easier to read
- Add HTML5 Support for Genesis 2.0
- Updated to work with all StudioPress themes with post formats
- Updated the metabox library to latest version
- The fix in 1.2.2 didn’t make it for some reason, so re-patching it.
- Minor modification to the way it detects Genesis. Upgrading is only necessary if you’re using Premise
- Typo in 1.2 caused the plugin to crash. I’m so sorry!
- Fixed an issue where if you weren’t running Genesis, site breaks (ex: WP Touch changes themes when on mobile device)
- Added support for localization and a German language pack. Thanks David Decker.
- Initial release