Easily make full width page sections in Genesis via shortcode. Must be using the Genesis theme framework.
- If you use this shortcode on a page, you should enclose all of your content on the page within one or more instances of the shortcode. In order for this plugin to create a full width section, you must specify the page/post layout to be “full width content.”
- Breadcrumbs and other sections dynamically inserted in the inner content section may stretch to full width, but you can add custom CSS to your theme’s style.css (preferably your child theme’s style.css, or a custom CSS plugin) to accommodate it. You need to get the class or id of the section you do not want to stretch, and assign the properties “max-width: 800px;” (or whatever width you want the section to be) and “margin: 0 auto;” to it.
- The shortcode syntax [gsps] was added in Genesis Simple Page Sections version 1.2, and it does the same thing as the [genesis-simple-page-section] syntax. The new syntax was simply added to make it easier to type. If you are already using the [genesis-simple-page-section] syntax, don’t worry. That syntax will continue to work and be supported for all future versions. You can continue to use the old syntax, switch over to the new one, or use both of them, it doesn’t matter.
Basic shortcode syntax:
[gsps color=”orange” width=”960″ outer_css=”” inner_css=””]
For more about the shortcode syntax, available parameters, and color presets, please visit the plugin page on EfficientWP.
Created by EfficientWP.
genesis-simple-page-sections.zipinto your plugin directory (typically
- Unzip the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Contributors & Developers
“Genesis Simple Page Sections” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Confirmed compatibility up to WordPress 4.2.1
- Added alternate shortcode syntax [gsps]
- Improved instructions
- Improved code standards to fix PHP notice
- Removed call to deprecated force layout function
- Moved CSS to enqueued file
- Fixed CSS to make width 100% and be compatible with Genesis 2.0
- Improved shortcode documentation
- Initial release