This plugin allows you to assign WordPress navigation menus to the secondary navigation menu within the Genesis Theme Framework on a per post, per page, or per tag/category archive basis. The per post, page, category or tag setting overrides whatever menu setting you have in your Genesis Theme setting. It does require that you have your Secondary Navigation enabled in your Genesis Theme Settings.
- Upload the entire
genesis-simple-menusfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Create any new menus you need with the WordPress menus feature
- Choose the menu you want to display by choosing it from the drop-down menu in the post/page or category/tag edit screen.
I’d love to use this plugin but it has not been updated in 8 months or so. Not working on current platform versions.
Please update it or let people know you aren’t supporting it anymore!
This plug-in is a nice addition. I thought I was going to have to write some custom css.
Thank you, Genesis!
Contributors & Developers
“Genesis Simple Menus” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- WordPress 4.4.2 & Genesis 2.2.7 compatibility
- add check for secondary menu in use by theme
- disable save on bulk edit
- permission check fix
- add automatic support for custom taxonomies
- update for Genesis 1.6
- add custom taxonomy support
- fix verify nonce logic
- add .pot file & register text domain
- add a handle to the simple menu object
- Original version.