The Gaming Dice Roller lets you spread hope to the diceless masses by providing a virtual gaming dice option on any widgetized area of your site. The Gaming Dice Roller supplies all of the standard polyhedral gaming dice options and lets users decide how many of each they want to roll. Clicking the Roll Dice button gives the dice result for each die type. The dice types that are included in the Gaming Dice Roller include:
- d100 (percentile)
Users can choose how many of each die type they roll, except for percentile, which can only be rolled once per roll.
Clicking roll will roll a 20-sided die and display the modified result, as well as the natural d20 roll, so you can determine if the roll was a crit based on your crit threat range (or, shudder to think, if it was a natural 1).
The D&D Dice Roller is a simple and effective d20 rolling widget. You can see it in action at the Awesome Dice blog at http://www.awesomedice.com/blog/ as well as dice rolling widgets for other RPGs, including World of Darkness and a generic RPG dice rolling widget
- Download the zip file from WordPress.org
- Upload the contents of the zip file to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the Appearance menu and select Widgets. If you don’t see Widgets, then your theme doesn’t support them.
Gaming Dice Rollerwithin the list of other widgets and drag it to the sidebar where you want it to be.
- Edit the default title for the widget (if desired) and be sure to correctly indicate if you want modifiers to apply to the roll.
Contributors & Developers
“Gaming Dice Roller” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- November 22, 2011
- Fixed credit link
- November 17, 2011
- Initial Release