Gaming Codes allows each user to enter his gamer codes for “next-gen” consoles. These codes can be displayed in posts as author information.
Also, this plugin can use another plugin, El Aleph, to generate lists of users that have codes for a certain platform.
Examples: * Profile in bbPress. This is a profile page in bbPress (integrated with WP). Note the gaming codes and the gamer card. * User List in Aleph. This is a user view in Aleph, showing all users who are registered in GGPO.net. GGPO is a gaming code supported by this plugin.
This plugin is licensed under the terms of the GPL v3. Please see the file license.txt.
If you don’t have ‘El Aleph’ installed:
- Each user can add his/her own gamer code(s) for Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS, XBox 360, PlayStation Network and GGPO.net.
- A template tag for post loops:
If you have ‘El Aleph’ installed:
- A template tag for user loops:
- An user list of people having gamer codes in a certain console/system. The template tag
gaming_codes_linksdisplays links to those user lists.
- The template tag
is_gaming_code_listingreturns true if the user is browsing a list based on gaming codes.
- Uncompress the plugin in the subdirectory
gaming-codesof your plugins directory.
- Activate the plugin.
- Add the template tag
the_author_gaming_codesin your post/author templates.
- For El Aleph users: Add the template tag
the_user_gaming_codesin your profile/users templates.
- Now your registered users can edit their gaming codes in the Dashboard Profile Edit page.
Contributors & Developers
“Gaming Codes” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- The plugin has been simplified, according to the changes in Aleph 0.7.
- Added a gamercard template tag for authors.
- Improved installation notes. Added a Screenshot.
- Added localization for es_ES.
- The plugin didn’t work if El Aleph wasn’t installed. Now this is fixed.
- Some strings were being translated in another domain, not
- Now if the user doesn’t enter a gaming code, or deletes a previous one, the meta key/value is deleted from DB.
- Initial Release