to your site, embed the script files in the head instead at the bottom and other issues which
impact the site performance.
I needed something better and developed this plugin for a Blog about Casual Games.
Now I decided to make it public, if you wonder about the plugins name. 🙂
Features of Gameplorer`s WPColorBox
- It adds the required HTML-Code automatically to all links which point to an image.
- It doesn’t alter your posts, just the output.
- It enqueues the ColorBox script at the bottom of your site for a better site performance.
- You can choose between 5 different UIs of ColorBox in the plugin options.
- It automatically combines multiple images to a gallery (displays next and prev links).
* Useful if you want to enqueue it from other sources (e.g. CDN) or want to copy the code into your existing files.
See some plugin details and Screenshots on Gameplorer.de.
- What does Gameplorer`s WPColorBox open in a ColorBox?
In this version it opens links in a ColorBox, which are pointing to
an image file (href ending with png, jpg, jpeg or gif).
- How can I use the ColorBox effects on other things?
Simply add the class “colorbox” to your link: <a class=”colorbox” …>.
- What else can I do with ColorBox?
ColorBox is a great jQuery plugin. Have a look at the original site: jQuery ColorBox.
- Have you developed jQuery ColorBox?
v1.3, 09 Oct. 2011
- Now using the alt attribute of the image as colorbox-title, if there’s no title attribute specified.
- Enabled “next” and “previous” for WordPress galleries too.
v1.2, 03 Oct. 2011
- Updated colorbox to 1.3.17.
- Now you can add “nocolorbox” as class or rel to disable the colorbox effect for that specific link.