G3Client embedds Gallery3 resources (albums, photos) into a WordPress posting or page.
It requires the following software available on the server:
- PHP 5 (tested with 5.3, recommended)
- WordPress 3 (tested with 3.0.5)
- Gallery3 with REST API (tested with Gallery3 3.0.1)
- PHP CURL Extension or HTTP_Request2 (http://pear.php.net/package/HTTP_Request2/)
- Upload g3client.zip to the
- Unzip g3client-VERSION.zip
- Install and activate
G3Clientin the plugin manager
- Make sure you’ve enabled the rest api in Gallery3
- Set the Gallery3 api settings (api base url and api key)
- Save the settings. G3Client checks the connection to Gallery3, if you don’t see an error
message, G3Client should work
- Add the shortcode to a post/page:
You can easily modify the default style sheet, it is located in
There is also the possibility to load a user defined style sheet (see the option page for details).
- Can http basic authentication be used with G3Client?
Yes, just specify it in the Gallery3 api base url as follows:
- How can I translate G3Client into my language?
.potfile is supplied in the directory
g3client/languages. Together with Poedit, you can
translate all messages of G3Client.
Contributors & Developers
“G3Client” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- added siderbar widget to display a random image from Gallery3
- added custom album and photo listing titles
- fixed url generation errors
- fixed various small problems
- admin interface improvements
- refactorings and extensions to simplify the creation of new widgets and
- added lightbox compatibility mode to prevent doubled lightboxes, especially when having
jQuery Colorbox installed, thx to admaust
- added the possibility to include a user defined css file (see
a template), the user css file will disable the default css, thx to admaust
- added some more shorttags and display customizations
- internal optimizations
- fixed broken urls, thx to admaust
- fixed versioning
- removed HTTP_Request2 dependency, the more common php curl extension is now used by default
- added missing shortcode documentation for items per row
- first public release