This plugin does not work with WordPress version prior to 2.9 !
Since WordPress 2.9, you can choose which image will represent a post and will be displayed as thumbnail. This plugin allows backward compatibility for your former posts.
It filters on
the_post_thumbnail() function. If no post thumbnail is defined, the plugin will get the first image belonging to post. If it still doesn’t find any image, it will scan for the first image found post content.
The image will be displayed according to the arguments (size and attributes) set when calling
- The plugin does not work
- Make sure you are running WordPress 2.9 or above
- Make sure your template supports post image by adding
add_theme_support('post-thumbnails');in the functions.php file of your theme.
- Put the template tag
the_post_thumbnail($size, $attr)in the loop in your template where you want the post image to appear. For example :
- Prevent error on getimagesize (line 92) when scanning post content for an image and finding an image which does not exist.
- Changed filter name for post_thumbnail_html (previously post_image_html)
- Changed action name for begin_fetch_post_thumbnail_html(previously begin_fetch_post_image_html)
- Changed action name for end_fetch_post_thumbnail_html(previously end_fetch_post_image_html)
- First plugin release (the 1.0 release should not work anymore)