Many blogs out there can only produce a couple articles a week while their visitors
ask for loads more. It sometimes is a good idea to add related articles from other
blogs to your sidebar. Adding them manually takes lots of time we don’t have. With
this Community News plugin you allow your visitors to add to your blog. Complete with
moderation panel and a settings page, you can sit back while you have full control
about the look and articles that being posted.
Currently, the Community News plugin has the following features:
- Custom post type, with featured images (thumbnails) and tags support.
- Widget support, with three different widgets to display posts, the post form or a tag cloud.
- Shortcodes to add a list of recent posts, the post form or a tag cloud to a page.
- Moderation page, with the ability to modify posts.
- Akismet spam protection.
- Settings page, including moderation and mail notification options.
- Customisable post form.
- AJAX form handling.
- Multi-language support.
- Seamless integration with your current theme (knowledge of WordPress theming required).
Below is a list of frequently asked questions.
- The plugin always gives a timeout error
You probably have a caching plugin installed. The easiest way to fix this is by creating
a page for the post form and exclude it from the cache.
For more details on changes, please visit the WordPress Trac.
- Fixed featured image metabox on normal posts/pages.
- Fixed non latin text validation.
- Improved theme compatibility.
- Other minor improvements.
- Fixed an issue that caused post thumbnails to display twice on certain themes.
3.0 is a complete rewrite of the plugin. It now uses the custom post type, and is NOT backwards
compatible with version 2.x or 1.x!
- Conversion to the custom post type.