Simple plugin which lets you manage Screen Options of all the users on your blog.
First set your own Screen Options and then clone them across all users with our plugin.
A huge time saver. Enjoy!
You can use the built in installer and upgrader, or you can install the plugin
- What screens are being cloned?
For all the post types (including ‘link’, ‘dashboard’ and custom post types):
- Metabox visibility, position and open/closed state.
- Number of columns on editing screen.
- Number of items per page.
- Columns in the list of the items.
- WP admin panel menu open/closed state.
- Dashboard items.
- What user meta values are being cloned?
Here’s a list of the basic and legacy items:
Also all of this for all the posts types (post, page, attachment, revision) plus ‘link’, ‘dashboard’ and all the custom post types:
Bought a plugin that works great… but only if you turn on a certain setting in the Screen Options. I needed it to work for every user, and this FV Clone Screen Options saved the day… quickly.
Plugin worked perfectly good! for existing users as well as for new users automatically( if you select for new users as well :P)
Screen options are great to remove unnecessary clutter from your WordPress Admin. Some themes and plugins just generate crazy amounts of meta boxes to confuse your users. Previously I’d hidden these metaboxes for my own user accounts and then been surprised when users came to me confused what fields to fill in. Now I can set my screen options nicely, and clone them to all the other users! Awesome! Instead of hiding them with Adminimize (which often doesn’t work with custom meta boxes) just using the core screen options is so much better because its super easy to find and turn them back on as required. Get this plugin! Clone all the Screen Options!
I just wish I had found this plugin sooner. If you need to have default screen options this is your solution.
Contributors & Developers
“FV Clone Screen Options” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fix for sites with thousands of users
- Fix for PHP warnings caused by new WordPress version.
- Added support of WP 3.0 post types
- Added support for link and media manager
- Added sepparate button for just saving the settings for new users
- Added support for list of posts and pages (Post -> Edit and Pages -> Edit)
- Custom Screen Options configuration interface was removed.
- All the standard WordPress Screen Options configuration panels are used, so plugin is easier to use.
- Works with post, page and dashboard screens.
- Plugin has its own interface for configuring Screen Options.
- Support only for post screen.