Receive a text message each time somebody fills out one of your forms.
You need a Clockwork SMS account and some Clockwork credit to use this plugin.
I’ve ran a “test” and my messages are sending fine, but I’m still not getting SMS messages!
The first thing to check is if you are getting emails from the contact form. You also need to make sure you have
the option for “Enable data export after the message.” under “Data Export” set. If you’re still struggling,
contact us on email@example.com!
- How do I upgrade if I use an old version of this plugin with a Mediaburst username and password?
If you already have forms set up using your Mediaburst username and password, just upgrade this
plugin from inside your WordPress admin panel, or delete your existing ‘fscf-sms’
directory and follow the installation instructions above. Your API key will automatically be set
up for you.
- What is a Clockwork API key?
To send SMS you will need to sign up for a Clockwork SMS account
and purchase some SMS credit. When you sign up you’ll be given an API key.
- Can I send to multiple mobile numbers?
Yes, separate each mobile number with a comma.
- What format should the mobile number be in?
All mobile numbers should be entered in international format without a
leading + symbol or international dialing prefix.
For example a UK number should be entered 447123456789, and a Republic
of Ireland number would be entered 353870123456.
- WordPress 3.8 compatibility.
- Added Clockwork “test” options
- Added the ability to set the ‘From’ sender of SMS messages.
- Updated base Clockwork wrappers.
- Fixed issue with setting Clockwork options when your WordPress installation is not in the root directory.
- New version with Clockwork API compatibility.
- Rename Mediaburst wrapper class for compatibility with Mediaburst eCommerce plugins
- Update version to 1.0 as code is stable
- Update Mediaburst SMS API wrapper to fix character encoding but with & sign
- Beta release