Front Page Category is a plugin that let you select the categories that appear on the front page of your website. If there are categories that you don’t want to appear on front page, for example the ‘uncategorized’ one, just go to the Customizer → Front Page Categories menu, and then untick the categories you want to hide.
This could be useful if you use an automated posting system, or use email to post. In these cases you can assign these posts to a category of your choice and uncheck it at Front Page Category settings. They will then be hidden from the homepage – but will still appear on their category page.
- Download the zip and unzip the ‘front-page-category.zip’ file into the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Visit Front Page Category in the Customizer, and uncheck categories that you don’t want to show up on the front page.
- View your front page and confirm that your excluded categories are not showing.
Simple and worked perfectly for my needs
Does not work when pages are categorized. Can you please add this feature to allow only categorized pages/posts to show up on the homepage/front page? Great work! Thanks!
Muito bom, ajudou bastante.
Theme: Twenty Seventeen
Not working for me.
This doesn’t work for my use case – it will exclude categories but in an OR fashion instead of AND – so if your post is in any excluded categories it won’t show up on the front page. For me this means anything I want on the front page can only exist in categories for the front page which prevents me from sorting the way I’d like
Still works as of 11/2015. Posts categorized under child categories require the parent and child to be checked in the plugin settings.
Contributors & Developers
“Front Page Category” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
2.0 – Rewritten. All settings are now in the Customizer
- Improve code standards
- Move controls to the customizer
- Improve data sanitization (security)
- Allow plugin to be translated