This lightweight frontend posting plugin allows you to accept guest posts/articles without giving your members access to the sensitive WordPress admin area.
The posts that don’t meet the submission guidelines of your website are not accepted and an error is shown to the frontend user. This can be a huge time saver if you have a very popular blog and you get a lot of guest post submissions.
In the WordPress admin area you can specify the following:
- maximum and minimum number of words in title, content and author bio
- number of tags
- number of links in article body and author bio
- whether you want to nofollow the links in article body and/or author bio
You can allow members with a certain user level to publish posts instantly. All other posts are added to the ‘pending’ queue.
Add a page with the following shortcode to create a frontend submission form:
Add another page with the following shortcode to create a list of user’s posts:
Important: DO NOT add the two codes on the same post or page
I want to thank you so much for freely distributing such a nifty plugin... I-ve tried 2 others that do the same but one is not working so well, the other does not have a wysiwyg panel in the text field which is really dumb (so I guess they will add it soon)... The only thing that bugs me, and that's why I'm giving it 4 stars is that I haven't found a way for the post to notify live (buddypress members) when a post is created and approved, that would make it 5* perfect! Cheers and thanks again for your work mates!
This would be a fantastic plugin, but the add media button doesn't work with the latest version of WP -- which leads to an increase in support emails from our contributors. Aside from that, it's a fantastic plugin.
- Initial release.
- Support for non-english characters
- Non-administrators can now add media
- The post list is now paginated
- Interface and security related adjustments
- Created a POT file for translation
- Changed the settings page to a main page in the admin area
- Small code improvements
- Fixed interface issues
- Previously translatable strings were being saved in the DB which was causing problems with localization. FIXED.
- Added additional check to enqueue resources in the main query only.
- Changed the logic for enqueuing resources. Posts are no longer traversed to look for the shortcode.
- Made improvements in JS.
- Fixed issues in options panel.
- Fixed JS bug preventing visual editor from working in certain scenarios.
- Compatibility check with WP 4.7