The FriendFeed Activity Widget is a simple WordPress widget that pulls your FriendFeed stream, pretties it up a bit and shares it with visitors to your blog. It’s essentially a lifestream plugin that requires just a few steps to set up.
Please read the installation instructions carefully and ensure that you extract the widget to the correct folder path.
- Adds formatting for several addition services.
- Fixes a minor bug with Twitter autolinking of @names and urls.
- Fixes a bug with Twitter hash tag detection.
- Hotfix which should resolve the path issue introduced in the previous release.
- Added grouping support and formatting for many additional services.
- Moved styling to an external stylesheet, widget.css.
- Added date formatting options to widget settings.
- Added proper html encoding for feed links (XHTML validates.)
- Changed output from UL to DIV structure; may require CSS changes. Sorry!
- Updated to the latest FriendFeed API wrapper.
- Fixed some XHTML formatting problems.
- Fixed a potential incompatibility problem with other FriendFeed plugins.
- Fixed an issue with certain grouped events being dropped.
- Added grouping support and formatting for Flickr events.
- Output changes to resolve potential compatibility problems with other FF plugins.
- Embedded default styling into widget (suggested by bwana.tv)
- Rewrote caching system.
- Fixes compatibility problem with Glenn Slaven’s FriendFeed comments plugin.
- First plugin release; alpha-state.
- Extract the zip archive and upload the contents to your /wp-contents/plugins/ folder. The files should end up in a directory named “friendfeed-activity”.
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard and activate the plugin.
- Go to your Design -> Widgets page and add the widget to your sidebar. Go ahead and configure it with your API key, nickname and any additional settings you’d like.
- I’m seeing %BEG_OF_TITLE% and %END_OF_TITLE% in my Widgets UI
Ensure that your web server is running PHP5 and has CURL support enabled.
- Will the widget run under PHP4?
It is highly doubtful, though it has not been tested. Please let me know if you try it with success.
Contributors & Developers
“FriendFeed Activity Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors