Succeeding the popularity of Zurb’s Foundation framework, FoundationTables is a plugin written to harness the responsiveness the framework provides, and extend the WordPress page editor with a new toolset to easily insert, edit, and delete collections of tabular data.
If you’re using a Foundation Theme, and are looking for a method to rapidly and responsively insert tabled data, this is the plugin for your site.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six Columns
WordPress makes editing page content a snap. Even the rich-text editor’s table tools are pretty good.
But if you’re using a FOUNDATION theme, wouldn’t it be killer to take advantage of the responsive styles pioneered by Zurb?
This plugin, FoundationTables integrates these row/column/pad classes to greatly cut down on your need for rewriting table styles and responsive media queries.
- Add as many tables to your page as needed
- Select a column width (1/12 = x-small, 2/12 = small, 3/12 = medium, 4/12 = wide, 6/12 = x-wide)
- Select one of the pre-styled themes (currently: Grey w/ Header, Grey w/ First Column Highlighted, Simple Grey), or style your own using independent stylesheets for your tables
- Click into a table cell for an enlarged HTML-friendly editor window
- Add new rows to a table (or new tables to a page) with the click of a button
- Omit columns (currently: maximum 6), by leaving them empty
- Insert the tables into your page content using a FoundationTable insert button built right into your RTE, or compact shortcodes
- Preview the table’s position in your content without the hindrance of all of in-line markup tabular data requires
This plugin was tested using the following Foundation-friendly themes:
More themes will be tested and documented shortly.
- Install FoundationTables either via the WordPress.org plugin directory, or by uploading the files to your server (in the
- Activate the plugin.
- Access by expanding the FoundationTables section while managing pages.
- Use the FoundationTable Insert Button (or shortcodes such as:
<div class="foundtabinsert" id="foundtab_2"></div>) to position the tables within the page content.
- Are there any new features planned?
- Can i propose a feature?
If you wish. Sure.
Contributors & Developers
“FoundationTables” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Adjusted styles to work better with WordPress 5.3.2
- Testified/Verified Compatibility with WordPress 4.3
- Testified/Verified Compatibility with WordPress 4.2.2
- Added donate link 😉
- Separated admin/nopriv scripts for faster load.
- Updated hooks to work for 3.8.1, adjusted styles for better content entry.
- Plugin-out only in beta, currently. Standby for official release.