Fotomoto allows you to quickly and easily turn your photoblog into a fully featured e-commerce store. Sign up at http://www.fotomoto.com to receive your unique key and use it to activate the plugin and your pictures and photos will automatically have a buy me button under each of them.
- Download the plugin file.
- Get your site key from the Fotomoto Dashboard found under Site > Settings
- Unzip it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress
- Then under the settings menu select Fotomoto and enter the site key.
Fotomoto plugin has successfully turned my photography website into a print on demand store. Not just selling photo prints/downloads, Fotomoto also handles printing and shipping, which makes my work much easier. I guess Fotomoto is somehow hugely underrated. Hope it gets noticed by more photographers considering to sell photography prints/download on self-hosted WP websites.
While the plug-in and associated shopping cart work on desktop devices, they do not work on mobile devices or when loaded into a narrow “mobile-sized” browser windows. FYI, Fotomoto has been promising a mobile friendly version for a couple years at least.
If this plugin/shopping cart combination worked with responsive designs on mobile devices, I would have given it 5 stars.
Contributors & Developers
“Fotomoto” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Add protocol switching to Fotomoto script
- Testing new compatibility up to WordPress 4.1
- Add support for WordPress MultiUser
- Add API mode option.
- Fixed options are not saving while admin section is in https mode.
- Fixed losing API key while enabling/disabling Home page.
- Fixed toolbar showing in Blog page.
- Fixed PHP error when short_code_tag is not enabled.
- Improved plugin performance in Admin section.
- Fixed Buy Button(s) not showing when the plugin is not in multiuser mode.
- Fixed plugin update data when wordpress is installed in a sub-directory
- Redesigned plugin
- Added Multiuser mode
- Added exclusive categories and pages
- Added NextGen gallery integration
- Integrated with NextGen gallery.
- Added wp_reset_query() to make is_home()/is_front_page() work properly.
- Swapped to is_front_page() for checking / instead of is_home()
- Added more debugging information
- Added is_home to check for front page
- Added debugging information
- Added full url to check for page path
- Fixed exclude path issues
- Changed exclude path from list to string
- Initial release