**Forum Restrict* is a plugin that allows an administrator to restrict certain forums to certain users. It also allows users to apply for admission to certain forums and for the administrator to approve those applications.
- Mark certain forums as restricted (by Forum Restrict), meaning they can only be viewed by users an admin assigns as a member of the forum.
- Mark or unmark certain users are members of certain forums.
- Search for users to manually add to forums.
- Allow users to apply to be members of a restricted forum.
- Approve applications to join restricted forums.
If you haven’t already done so, install bbPress plugin.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Edit a forum and mark it as restricted.
More detailed instructions are at http://www.rexgoode.com/?page_id=507
- Why was this plugin created?
To facilitate restricting access to forums on a user-by-user and forum-by-forum basis, creating a site where different sets of users can have access to different forums.
- How do I use it?
I use it to create support groups for people who struggle with various mental health issues and separate forums on the same site for other users who are spouses or famiy members of the individuals in the first group. They should not be able to read each other’s posts.
Contributors & Developers
“Forum Restrict” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fixed problems with incompatibility with WordPress way of doing AJAX.
- Admin can determine whether users can request to enter certain forums.
- Labels checkbox as Delete or Add.
- Banning users is permanent.
- Fixed problem in email notification function.
- Fixing bug in non-networking sites.
- Fixed bug in topic name display
- Plugin launch