Force Regenerate Thumbnails allows you to delete all old images size and REALLY regenerate the thumbnails for your image attachments.
See the screenshots tab for more details.
- Go to your admin area and select Plugins -> Add new from the menu.
- Search for “Force Regenerate Thumbnails”.
- Click install.
- Click activate.
Not much more to say really! Deleted.
Very nice Plugin. Parabéns Pedro!
Thanks a lot!
Awesome plugin, thanks
It just does exactly what it says. I had absolutely no issues and I have installed this on 5 different sites with various setups. WordPress and my theme had created 9 additional copies of each photo! I had to use another plugin (Image Sizes) to adjust which sizes are generated, then use this one to get rid of the unwanted sizes. It works like a charm! Now I won’t have to buy more server space!
Contributors & Developers
“Force Regenerate Thumbnails” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Add PHP7 compatibility
- No timeout limit
- Fix issue when “opendir()” return FALSE (thanks Krody Robert)
- Add debug information on regenerate
- Fix issue with update “_wp_attachment_metadata” and “_wp_attached_file” on windows
- New style for results (thanks @justonarnar)
- Automatic update “_wp_attachment_metadata” and “_wp_attached_file” (thanks @norecipes)
- Fix issue with get_option(‘upload_path’) in WordPress 3.5+ (thanks @DavidLingren)
- Fix error handle
- New function to display ajax results
- Fix issue with getters path in Linux/Windows/Unix servers
- New CORE to regenerate thumbnails
- Reviewed some messages
- Change default image editor to GB in WordPress 3.5+ (thanks @nikcree)
- Fix message error when WP_DEBUG in wp_config.php
- Fix for JPEG images
- Delete all custom image sizes when regenerate thumbnails
- Notifies you when thumbnails was deleted
- First release.