Folksr is a social blogging widget. It helps you to keep together with your friends. Every time you post a blog with tags it gets you a list of blogs by your friends who have used similar tags. Think of it as a “see also” list that links to your friends blogs.
To use the widget you need to register at Folksr.com.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working. Registration on folksr.com is required in order to use Folksr plugin.
- Click Plugins / Add new in your WordPress admin panel
- Search for the term
folksrand click Install link on the right
- Follow the instructions on screen to complete installation
- Upload Folksr plugin to your blog in
- Activate the plugin through
Pluginsmenu in WordPress
- You may want to disable automatic plugin placement and put it manually. Do so by clicking Settings link in plugins list.
What is Folksr?
It’s a social blogging widget. It helps you keep together with your fellow bloggers. Folksr widget gets you a list of blogs by our friends who blogged using similar tags. If your friends use Folksr too it is likely your blog gets listed in their Folksr widget.
Is it free?
Yes. It is free of charge and it will always be. You only need to register at folksr.com