This plugin creates picture sliders (slideshows) from a folder.
The pictures folder must be uploaded (using FTP) somewhere on the server (e.g. wp-content/upload).
To include a slider in a post or a page, you have to use the following shortcode :
An Options page allow to set the default paramaters of the sliders :
- Transition Mode (mode): horizontal, vertical, fade
- Caption Format (captions): none, filename, filenamewithoutextension, smartfilename (filename with underscores, extension and front numbers removed)
- CSS (css): change the frame around slider: ‘noborder’, ‘shadow’, ‘shadownoborder’, ‘black-border’, ‘white-border’, ‘gray-border’
- Width and Height of the slider (width and height)
- Speed (speed): time between slides in seconds
- Previous/Next Buttons (controls): true or false
- Play/Pause Button (playcontrol): true or false
- Start Slider Automatically (autostart): true or false
- Pager (pager): true or false
Default slider width is 100% unless the attribute width is set to a non-zero value. The height is calculate for each picture (to keep ratio) unless the attribute height is set to a non-zero value.
Most of theses settings can be overridden using the corresponding shortcode attribute:
[folderslider folder="wp-content/upload/MyPictures" width=500 mode=fade speed=2.5 captions=smartfilename controls=false css="gray-border"]
This plugin uses bxSlider 4.2.5 by Steven Wanderski – http://bxslider.com
Sample, contact available at http://jalby.org/wordpress/
- Unzip the archive folder-slider.zip
- Upload the directory ‘folder-slider’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Upload a folder of pictures to ‘wp-content/upload/MyPictures’
Insert the following short code in post or page :
Contributors & Developers
“Folder Slider” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Update bxSlider to 4.2.5
- New CSS setting/option replacing CSS/Show box with shadow.
- Shadow option can be set per slider.
- When width option is set to 0, slider’s width is set to the width of first picture (instead of 100 %)
- Speed (in seconds) may be decimal (e.g., 1.5)
- Fix a bug with ML Plugin
- Support for several sliders (with different settings) on the same page
- Safari bug fixed
- HTML tag bug fixed
- CSS bug fixed
- First released version