Add a gallery of FLV videos to a post.
FLV Gallery allows you to add multiple FLV videos to a single page, thumbnail gallery style. Most video plugins assume you only want to show one video on your post, so if you have multiple videos to show, they are stacked one above the other. This plugin uses shortcode notation to allow you to insert as many videos as you want into your post. Using thumbnails, a title and caption, and any additional link, the user will see a nicely formatted gallery of the available videos. Videos are shown in a lightbox dialog.
Online demo: English: FLV Gallery on insidenorthpoint.org
Dependencies: The FLV Gallery uses the following:
– jQuery and the Simple Modal plugin by Eric Martin
– [JW FLV Player] (http://www.longtailvideo.com/players/jw-flv-player/ “JW FLV Player”) by Longtail Video
New in this version:
– better CSS control of the modal dialog window, resolving some known issues
– ability to show videos hosted on a streaming server
– updated FLV player
- Upload the entire
flv-galleryfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
The control panel of FLV Gallery is in ‘Settings > FLV Gallery’, where you can set the following:
Width of Parent Container (default = 580): This is the number of pixels you have to play with, typically the width of the div that the thumbnail gallery will live in. The plugin uses this total width along with the thumbnail widths to optimize the layout of the thumbnails.
Thumbnail size (default = 125 x 125): The dimensions that you will make the thumbnails. The gallery will layout best if you upload thumbnails of the same size.
Modal Player Background Color (default = “#fff): This is the CSS background color for the modal dialog window that the video will play in.
Modal Player Border Style (default = “3px solid #75001b”): This is the CSS style for the border of the modal dialog window. The overall size of the dialog is based on the video size.
To add videos to your post/page, insert a line like the following for each video:
NOTE: Use the HTML tab, not VISUAL from the WordPress Post editor.
[flvgallery video=”/path/to/videos/video1.flv” title=”Title for Video 1″ caption=”Optional Caption” thumbnail=”/path/to/thumbnails/thumbnail1.jpg” url=”” url_text=” url_icon=”” width=”400″ height=”225″]
- video: full path to the video file
- title: the tile for the video
- thumbnail: full path to the thumbnail
- width: width of the video
- height: height of the video
- caption: an optional caption to go under the thumbnail
- url: if you want people to click over to a URL from the gallery page, e.g. to a e-commerce page selling a product
- url_text: if using a url, the text for the link (e.g. “buy now”)
- url_icon: instead of using text for the link, use an icon (e.g. “/path/to/icons/buy.png”)
- streamer: if your video is hosted on an RTMP streaming server you can enter the base URL of that server (e.g. “rtmp://cp99999.edgefcs.net/ondemand”)
Contributors & Developers
“FLV Gallery” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Changed the row height calculation to do it one row at a time so that one long description doesn’t affect the entire page
- Changed PHP calls to ensure that local PHP settings don’t jack up the output
- Changed the CSS properties for the dialog window, allowing you to set the background color and border style separately.
- Added ability to add videos hosted on a streaming server.
- Changed FLV Player to the latest (trial) version of the [JW FLV Player] (http://www.longtailvideo.com/players/jw-flv-player/ “JW FLV Player”)