This plugin allows you to easily display Flickr photos on your site. It supports user, set, favorite, group and community photostreams. The plugin is relatively easy to setup and configure via an options panel.
Avoids the limit of 20 images flickr feed to up to 500 images. Implements a random function.
Derived from the flickrRSS plugin created by eightface adding RU functions (Random and Unlimited).
Plugin Official Page: http://gianlucacrema.com/blog/flickrRSSRU
Feedback and Support
Visit http://gianlucacrema.com/blog/flickrRSSRU for help getting the plugin working. I’ll do my best to respond.
The plugin also supports a number of parameters, allowing you to have multiple instances across your site.
- ‘type’ => ‘user’ – The type of Flickr images that you want to show. Possible values: ‘user’, ‘favorite’, ‘set’, ‘group’, ‘public’
- ‘set’ => ” – Optional: To be used with type = ‘set’
- ‘id’ => ” – Optional: Your Group or User ID. To be used with type = ‘user’ or ‘group’
- ‘random’ => false – Optional: Enable the random images
- ‘num_random’ => 20 – Optional: Number of images which allows choosing randomly
- ‘num_items’ => 4 – The number of images that you want to display
- ‘before_list’ => ” – The HTML to print before the list of images
- ‘html’ => ‘‘ – the code to print out for each image.
Meta tags available: %flickr_page%, %title%, %image_small%, %image_square%, %image_thumbnail%, %image_medium%, %image_large%
- ‘default_title’ => “Untitled Flickr photo” – the default title
- ‘after_list’ => ” – the HTML to print after the list of images
<?php get_flickrRSSRU(array('num_items' => 50, 'type' => 'public')); ?>
This would show the 50 most recent community photos.
<?php get_flickrRSSRU(array('set' => '72157620600672300', 'num_items' => 25, 'type' => 'set', 'random' => true, 'num_random' => 150)); ?>
This would show 25 random picture from the 150 most recent thumbnail sized photos from the specified set.
- Can I get random images from my stream?
Yes, Just enable the Random option in the settings panel.
- How do a I get borders between photos?
You need to edit your CSS file. There are plenty of tutorials online, you may find some help in the forum.
- Why aren’t any photos showing up?
Sometimes it can take a little while to kick in, have patience. Flickr may possibly have been down.
- Will it work with video?
Yes, videos will be displayed as a thumbnail image. You’ll need to click through to flickr to play it though.
Numerous changes to the code, fixed various bugs