This is plugin for the Widget Sidebar in WordPress. It will display your flickr tags as a tag cloud in your blog’s sidebar.
- Updated for use with WordPress 2.5
- Removed redundant screen name attribute
- Added target attribute setting for anchor tags
- Added rel=”nofollow” to anchor tags
- Fixed bug using curl for file_get_contents
- General code cleanup
- Updated code to use curl instead of file_get_contents()
- Fixed HTML output bug so now HTML output validates
- Fixed bug so now diable cache setting works properly
- Special Thanks to Unai Goikoetxeta for doing the majority of the work on this update
- Cache support for not having to make requests to flickr each time.
- Real font sizes according to the Importance of tags instead of generating random font sizes.
- Improved tag limiting algorithm according to popularity, which shows the most important X tags instead of the first X ones as it happens with your last version.
- Added Max Count setting to allow the ability to limit the number of tag links displayed
- Initial release tested only on version 2.1 of WordPress
- WordPress 2.x or higher – http://wordpress.com/
- Sidebar Widgets Plugin – http://automattic.com/code/widgets/
- A Sidebar enabled Theme
Available Tag Attributes
The following are the settings available on the widget:
Title: The title that will appear in the sidebar (optional).
API Key: Go to http://www.flickr.com/services/api/keys/ to get an API key. This is needed to access your tags.
Flickr ID: Use http://idgettr.com/ to find your ID. Please note, this is not your username or screen name.
Cache Time: The cache time value in seconds. ( -1 = disable, 604800 = a week )
Min Font Size: The minimum size in pixels to be used for the tag links.
Max Font Size: The maximum size in pixels to be used for the tag links.
Max Count: The maximum number of tag links to be displayed. ( -1 = unlimited )
Link Target: The target attribute for the anchor tags. Allows you to set where the links open.
Copyright (c) 2007-2008
Released under the GPL license
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
- Extract the
flickr-tagcloud-widget.phpfile into your
- Go to your wordpress admin pages and click on
Pluginsactivate the plugin called
Flickr Tag Cloud Widget.
- Go to your wordpress admin and click on
- Drag the widget called
Flickr Tag Cloudto your sidebar.
- Click the square icon next to the widget to open the config screen.
- Set your configuration option values and and save.
Contributors & Developers
“Flickr Tag Cloud Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors