When the specified time is up, any visitor will start the auto-update mode.
- Automactically updates comments from Flickr in a specified time, NOT every time.
- Can only Retrieves the recent comments, NOT all the comments(this save time).
- Retrieves all the recent comments of all photos at the same time, NOT one by one.
- Can Manually Update comments.
- Time Frame and Time Interval can be set.
Arbitrary section 1
- Why I write this plugin?
I’d been using Pixelpost as my photoblog for years, and developed this plugin for it. Pixelpost is a simple and great photoblog software, but it has stopped to update for 4 years, so I decided to move to WordPress, and with this plugin.
- How to get Flickr API key and secret?
If you have not create one, you can ‘Get Another Key’ from Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/services/api/keys/. See the instruction in screenshots.
- How to get a Flickr photo id?
Flickr Photo ID is usually the number in the URL of a photo page eg: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jdleung/435246848/
- Why auto-update does’t work?
Check your theme if there is a ‘wp_head();’ between ” and ” in the header.php. It is one of the most essential theme hooks, so it is widely supported.
- Why it take so long in manual-update?
You may have many photos and comments.
- Why some comments can not be retrieved in Auto-update?
They might be created more than 200 days before. Do a Manual-update to read all the comments.
- Upgrade: Run with Flickr https. Solve the problem that fails to retrieve comment after Jun 27th, 2014.
- Bug Fix: Auto-update time calculation.
- Refresh homepage after Auto-update to show the new comment.
- Support WordPress 4.0.
- Bug fix: Convert the old date time format to new format automatically. Withou this conversion, last update time and next update time will show going back to “1970/01/01”, but a manual update or auto update can also fix it in version 1.22.
- save last update time in timestamp format.
- Use wordpress datetime format to show las update time and next update time.
- Fix timezone bug.
- Better instruction on installation.
- Reply-user-name replace with icon when image allowed.
- Bug fix: Reply-user-name doesn’t show in Auto-update mode with image disabled.
- Bug fix: reply-user-icon link error.
- Bug fix: Timeframe can begin with 0.
- You can retrieve comments of a specified photo in Manual-update.
- Add ‘Allow HTML’ and ‘Allow Image’ setting.
- Reply icon replace with screen username.
- Redundant codes cleaned.
- Bug fix: delete duplicate loops in codes. Faster.
- Limit timeframe no more than 200d or 4800h.
- Replace add_filter with add_action, auto-update may not work in some case.
- Add config link at plugins page.
- All forms generated with WP functions.
- Allow html in comment content.
- Bug fix: Cannot get-token on server(Weird thing: works at local, fails on server)
- Use the newest phpFlickr.
- Retrieving comments of more pages.
- Bug fix: Using two Timezone, it may cause retrieving duplicate comments of one photo.
- First version.