Looking for maintainer. Write me to firstname.lastname@example.org
Flexible Recent Posts (FRP) plugin gives you possibility to add widget to your blog with recent posts using user-defined template.
The main features are:
- Template for each post in widget. You can write your HTML-template or overwrite default in widget form.
- Shortcodes support in template. You can use built-in shortcodes to insert info related to current post in widget:
- Restrict terms from which you want to display posts. Display posts from all terms or from selected only.
- Number of posts to display. Set number of latest posts that will be displayed in widget.
- All posts links. Select option to display link near the title or/and after all posts that will open selected posts category page. Set link title or custom link URL.
- Russian (ru) – Paul Annekov
Plugin template system supports 5 shortcodes related to current widget post, that you can use in your template:
Displays post title.
Excerpt [frp_excerpt length=””]
Displays post excerpt using get_the_excerpt function.
You can specify excerpt length using
length attribute. If not specified – default WordPress excerpt length used.
Date [frp_date format=”F j, Y” time_since=”0″]
Displays post date. You can add
format shortcode parameter to change date format. Read about format value here.
time_since parameter with 1 as value to display amount of elapsed time:
30 seconds ago,
5 minutes ago,
12 hours ago,
<div class="date">[frp_date format="Y/m/d g:i:s A"]</div>,
<div class="elapsed">[frp_date time_since="1"]</div>
Displays post permalink.
<a href="[frp_link]">read more</a>
Featured image [frp_thumbnail size=”32×32″]
Displays featured post image. Add
size shortcode parameter to change image size. You can define size using WIDTHxHEIGHT as value or size name (built-in or defined in theme).
Author [frp_author link=”1″]
Displays name of the post’s author. Set
link parameter to 0 if you want to disable link (author’s site) from author name.
Comments [frp_comments no_text=”1″]
Displays the number of comments. Set
no_text parameter to 1 if you want to disable comment text (just “23” instead of “23 Comments”).
flexible-recent-postsfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to
Flexible Recent Postswidget to any sidebar and change its defaults
- How can I change visual style of widget?
You can edit
style.cssfile in your theme adding needed styles. I will made some predefined styles in feature.
- I have created language pack or updated existing one. How can I send it to you?
I needed to put the latest three news items on the home page with titles, excerpts and medium sized images.
I’m using Bootstrap, so wanted to sprinkle some additional html around the individual news items.
This plugin enabled me to do that nicely and simply. Thanks!
I have not run into any problems with this plugin and find it very useful! The only suggestion I have is to maybe add a shortcode for a category tree to show what category and subcategory(if it’s in a subcategory) a post is in. For example: Xbox > FPS Other than that, I have no complaints!
thank you Mr. Paul Annekov
Contributors & Developers
“Flexible Recent Posts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Increased priority of excerpt length filter.
- Fixed problem with CSS stylesheet in page content and not in the head section.
- Fixed problem with missing compressed JS file.
- Added [frp_comments] shortcode.
- Fixed bug when main posts Loop was broken by widget.
lengthattribute to [frp_excerpt] shortcode.
- Added taxonomies and custom posts support. Now you can use not only categories and regular posts, but custom taxonomies and custom posts.
- More native posts querying procedure.
- Fixed bug when author was not shown on search results page.
time_sinceparameter to frp_date shortcode to display amount of elapsed time (like on twitter).
- Added global post replacement to make shortcodes more native. Now you can use plugin shortcodes in post content.
- Added categories list disable if ‘All categories’ checkbox is checked.
- Fixed PHP Notices if featured image exists in template with size defined as WIDTHxHEIGHT.
- Fixed shortcodes insert after widget form save.
- Fixed buttons actions on just created widgets on Widgets page.
- Init version.