FLOG MAKER is an entirely self-contained alternative flash blog system that resides within a WordPress plugin, designed for absolutely seamless integration with your WordPress installation. Among its features are:
- Full integration with WordPress’ own user system
- Multiple flash blog setup
- Search capabilities
- Calendar capabilities
- Contact capabilities
- Totally customisable
- Clean uninstall if you don’t like it 🙂
NOTE: Flog maker is ALPHA software! It may malfunction, corrupt its own data and bite your dog. Please bear these in mind while I try and iron out the bugs!
The lowest specs Flog Maker has been tested on so far PHP 4.4.4, MySQL 4.0, Apache 1.3.33 and WordPress 2.0.3. If it works for you on worse specs, please let me know. My email address is at the bottom.
To install FlashBlog, follow these steps:
- Upload the /flog-maker/ directory to your WordPress plugins folder (note: upload the DIRECTORY itself, not just the files)
- Upload the /wp-flashblog/ directory to your WordPress plugins folder (note: upload the DIRECTORY itself, not just the files)
- Activate the plugin
- Be sure the flashblog url in the managment plugin settings is the right one
- You’re done!
This is how the files fit into the overall file structure of your site:
wordpress/ + wp-content/ + plugins/ + flog-maker/ + admin/ |+ admin.php | + couleur.php | + onglets.php | + infos.php | + edit-bg.php | + overview.php | + advanced.php + languages/ + flog-maker.php + class.php + wp-admin/ + wp-flashblog/
You’ll find a new top-level menu option in your site admin, labelled “FlashBlog”. From here you can set up your configuration variables, and be ready to run in seconds.
The flashblog is accessible by your url /wp-flashblog/