This plugin can display a highly customizable MP3 player on your sidebar, in a single post page or any other places on your blog pages.
Now, this plugin use JW MP3 player v2.3 as its core.
- Shuffle the play list.
- Display an album cover when playing a song.
- Change the color scheme.
- Set the custom background image.
- Multiple configuration files and play lists.
- Insert to other place of your page with shortcode or template tag.
The new version dose NOT support PHP 4.
- Upload the directory
- Make sure the write permission of
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Use ‘Settings/FMP:Config Editor’ to create config files.
- Use ‘Settings/FMP:Playlist Editor’ to create playlist files.
Add to sidebar
- Add a widget to your sidebar through the ‘Appearance/Widgets’ menu in WordPress.
- Open the admin panel of the widget, and set title of the widget, choose config and playlist.
- Save changes.
Add to post or page
- In post new form, click the FMP media button, which is on top of the edit area.
- Choose a config file.
- Choose a playlist or set a single mp3 file.
- Click insert button.(You can also write the shortcode mannually. They are same.)
Use as a template tag
Go to http://sexywp.com/fmp for details or contact me directly.
- When I move to another page on my site, the player start again from the beginning, how can I make it play the music continuously?
This is just a simple music player without server support. It is very hard for me to make it behave like that.
- After activation, no menu entries Settings/FMP:Config Editor and Settings/FMP:Playlist Editor found.
Make sure your
/wp-contentdirectory is writable. If you can connect your server with terminal, you can use this command to change the permission of the directory
chmod -R 755 wp-content.
- Is it possible to get the player to keep playing while surfing around?
It’s hard to do this. The only way I know currently is to show this player in a popup new window and keep that window open when users surfing around.
Contributors & Developers
“Flash MP3 Player” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Restores the code from 10.1.5. Version 10.1.8 was released by the WordPress team, because 10.1.6 and 10.1.7 were compromised and contained malicious code.
- When add song, “add” button will duplicated bug fixed.
- Some deprecated function calls updated.
- Use swfobject_original as the script tag name of swfobject.js instead of swfobject because of the conflict with Facebook Walleria plugin.
- Fix “song title cannot be too long” error.
- Fixed a little bug, cannot use html special chars in link option.
- The error of template tag not work fixed.
- Playlist editor CSS bug fixed.
- New plugin homepage created.
- Playlist editor redesigned, the list now sortable
- Add WordPress Mu support, by http://ixiezi.com
- Add a template tag for theme developers
<swfobject>to load player to web page.
- Use random default id
- Correct a spelling mistake
- Bug fixed: the player always float on top layer of web pages, and break the lightbox.
- Bug fixed: fix the broken color picker in config editor.
- Bug fixed: When using apostrophe in song’s title, slashes will be added automatically.
- Bug fixed: When the name of its directory is not default one, the plugin will not work.
Save the config file and playlist file formatted, now they are human readable.
Fix the “when play single song cannot find playlist” bug
Two stupid bugs have been fixed.
Fix the problem of cannot load config file and playlist in Safari.