The Flash Gallery plugin lets you turn your ordinary galleries into awesome image walls, with support for multiple albums per post, full screen viewing and slideshows.
It is especially usefull for when you have lots of images in a post, or want to present images sorted into separate albums.
Here's an example with 175 images.
I use the Flash Gallery primarily to controll the height of my posts. Whenever there would be more than 4 rows of thumbnails I replace the ordinary
[gallery] with a
[flashgallery]. You can browse through the archives here to see how that works.
If you value my plugins, please help me out by Flattr-ing them! Or perhaps send me a book? Used ones are fine! :)
Flash Gallery supports:
- full screen viewing
- multiple albums/categories per post
- deep Linking (scroll down...) :)
- mouse- & keyboard interaction
- configurable gallery background, logo and highlight color.
- being enabled / disabled by the visitor, at any time.
- right-click menu with "open image in new tab" and "copy image url"
- complete fallback for Flash and JS-less browsers.
Changes in 1.4.1 (2011-12-28)
- Sanitize URLs (cleaner, shorter links)
- Keep multiple instances on same page from fighting over the URL
- Rewrote scaling routine to fix edge cases
- Cleaned up some PHP error notifications
- Stopped forcing the Google CDN for SWFObject
Changes in 1.4 (2010-10-25)
- Halved the amount of markup generated!
- Fixed no-flash fallback
- Rewrote Flash-toggle to use query params instead of cookies
- Less JS, less HTML, less work - more speed all around!
Changes in 1.3.4 (2010-10-24)
- Added support for keyboard input in fullscreen
- Only includes scripts if gallery is used on current page (performance!)
- Removed black backing of thumbnails
- Updated FLA to Flash CS5
- Flash Gallery now requires Flash 10 or newer!
- Added error catching to avoid scripts blowing up on errors
Older changelogs moved here.