With Google’s latest alorithm update, sites are now penalised for either offering paid backlinks or guest posts. This plugin simply fixes this by adhering to Google’s recommended action:
Identify paid or otherwise inorganic links by using rel=”nofollow” or redirecting to an intermediate page that is blocked by robots.txt.
Remove any problematic links from your site.
When you’re satisfied that your site follows Google’s Webmaster Guidelines, submit a reconsideration request.
For an updated list of manual actions currently applied to your site, visit the Manual Actions page. If no manual actions are listed, there is no longer a need to file a reconsideration request.
target="_blank"to all EXTERNAL links only.
- Internal links stay as they are.
- Next version will see the option to exclude links.
- Download the latest zip file and extract the ‘fix-nofollow’ directory.
- Upload it to your ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate ‘Fix noFollow’ on the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Can I get help with the plugin?
Yes. We support all of our plugins free of charge. Please either post in the support forum, or contact us vie our site here
Contributors & Developers
“Fix NoFollow” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added a search function so you can easily see where external links are and edit/delete them if necessary.
- First version.