This plugin makes videos responsive using the FitVids jQuery plugin on WordPress.
The options page is located on the dashboard menu under Appearance as “FitVids”. FitVids always works with YouTube, Vimeo, Blip.tv, Viddler, and Kickstarter. Use simple jQuery selectors, on the admin page, like
article, aside and
.post to customize what videos become responsive.
You can set custom selectors to include videos from any provider. You are not limited to the list that comes with FitVids by default.
Upload the fitvids-for-wordpress plugin to your blog, Activate it!
My videos weren’t fitting into the table on this page. I installed FitVids for WordPress and the videos fit perfectly, on all screen sizes. There were no settings to configure and simply activating the plugin fixed the problem – thanks very much!
Installed and it worked
Thanks for this!
Helps me a lot. 🙂
Hope you update soon. 🙂
i followed the Installation guide, but no use.
Nothing is happening on my blog.
Someone there with the same issues?
Contributors & Developers
“FitVids for WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fix activation bug
- Add help tab
- Make default selector visible
- Update FitVids Version
- New admin settings page
- Add FitVids ignore
- Better security
- Update selector input configuration. You might need to update your custom settings.
- Add support for custom video players
- Update FitVids (bug fixes on github)
- Fix load order with add_action(‘wp_print_footer_scripts’, array($this, ‘add_fitthem’))
- Added better help text
- Fix define(‘DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT’,true) bug by changing edit_themes to switch_themes
- Added Security Fix
- Changed capabilities to edit_themes instead of administrator
- Added New Version of FitVids
- Added jQuery 1.7.2 from Google CDN
- Added better readme
- Redesigned settings page
- Fixed readme description
- Changed saving feature in php
- Added uninstall.php to remove options
- Make videos responsive using FitVids.js