This plugin lets you use an enhanced UI for your post types search/filtering to really clean up the experience.
It is pretty basic right now, there are no options and there may be a few bugs as it’s tested across more environments.
- Unpack the entire contents of this plugin zip file into your
- Upload to your site
- Navigate to
wp-admin/plugins.phpon your site (your WP Admin plugin page)
- Activate this plugin
OR you can just install it with WordPress by going to Plugins >> Add New >> and type this plugin’s name
Makes it easy to search/filter posts (including custom post types). Something like this should be part of the WordPress core.
I hope this plug-in will be developed further…
Contributors & Developers
“Filters – An Enhanced UI for Post management” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added: Added support for WP 3.8 and 3.9
- Removed: No longer offering support for WP 3.6 or 3.7
- Coming soon: Modal based filtering, and the new WP 3.9 theme browser bar to replace the Filters bar
- Added: Custom Field Suite integration, now automatically pulls filters from the post type, if it has fields valid for CFS
- Added: Added support for WP 3.7
- Improved: Pods integration now better for relationship fields
- Removed: No longer offering support for WP 3.5
- Added: Pods integration, now automatically pulls filters from the post type, if it’s created/extended by Pods
- Added: New compare / relation handling in query parameters available, form UI has not been updated to reflect the new options: filters_relation (and/or) and filters_compare_fieldname (see WP_Query meta_query)
- Added: New filter – filters_post_type_blacklist – Provide an array of post types to exclude from the enhanced UI
- Added: New filter – filters_ui_fields – Provide an array of field data to use
- Added: New filter – filters_ui_filters – Provide an array of filters to use (utilizes field data)
- Added: New filter – filters_ui_views – Provide an array of ‘view’ => ‘Label’ to use (defaults to post statuses)
- Added: New filter – filters_ui_popup_months – Provide null, false, or empty string to exclude the ‘Months’ input in the filters popup
- Improved: Cleaned up the Filters_Posts_List_Table class a bit, abstracted for fields/filters data (for Pods integration)
- Fixed: CSS fixes for WP 3.5
- Removed: No longer offering support for WP 3.4
- Alpha release, to get things rolling!