Update: Now works with PHP 5.2!
Please show your support for this plugin by giving it a rating!
This plugin can be used to add fields to:
- Custom Administration Menus and Sub Menus
- Posts, Pages, Attachments and Custom Post Types
- Categories, Tags and Custom Taxonomies
- Custom Widgets
- User Profiles
Sections for Posts and Pages can also be displayed conditionally depending on whether a Page uses a certain Page Template or whether a Post uses a certain Post Format. Sections can also be displayed conditionally depending on the Post IDs, Titles or Slugs.
- The plugin can also be placed inside a theme. This is useful if you would like to bundle this plugin with a theme
Currently the following types of fields are supported:
- Group – A group of fields. You can also create a group within a group, i.e. a nested group! Groups can be nested to an infinite level, at least in theory.
- Text Field
- Hidden Field
- Media Field – Let’s you upload a file or enter a custom URL pointing to a file. You can use this field for uploading any type of file to the Media library.
- Checkbox – You can set whether a checkbox can accept multiple values or not
- Select – A drop down from which a single or multiple items can be selected depending on whether you have allowed selection of multiple values
- Select_Posts – A drop down which can contain items belonging to any post type viz. Posts, Page, Attachments or of any other Custom Post Type
- Select_Terms – A drop down which can contain terms from any taxonomy which includes Tags, Categories or any other Custom Taxonomy
- Select_Users – A drop down which can contain users registered on the site
- Editor – A WYSIWYG editor. This is the same one that’s used on the post edit screen by default for editing the content of the post
All fields except the Editor field can be made repeatable.
Additional Field Requests
If you feel the need for an additional field type then please use the support forum and leave your suggestion. This will be looked into ASAP.
- Upload the folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Create fields using the functions provided and place them inside your theme’s functions.php file or inside a plugin.
- Where is the documentation for this plugin located?
Thank you very much for this great plugin. It’s a very good framework, and it includes a lot of features you can find only in premium plugins.
This is really a cool plugin just install in my blog 🙂
Contributors & Developers
“Fields Framework” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Using new version of jQuery repeatable fields plugin
- Changing major version number from 0 to 1
- Fixed bug related to the jQuery repeatable fields plugin. Also changed value for Tested up to 4.1
- Changed value for Tested up to to 4.0
- Plugin now works with PHP 5.2. Added new default_value_return_on_front argument which is by default set to true
- Uploaded media not attaching correctly to respective posts
- Updated readme.txt file
- Added new post_ids, post_titles, post_slugs properties and their respective post_ids_not, post_titles_not, post_slugs_not boolean properties which if set to true will inverse the check
- Modified repeatable-fields.js and changed wrapper variable from global to local
- Changed value for “Tested up to” tag
- Fixed bug related to fields that can accept multiple values
- Fixed bug where repeating doesn’t work for minimal fields
- Fixed bug pertaining to enqueueing of administration scripts
- Fixed an undefined variable warning message related to the Editor field
- Fixed minor bug related to the builder
- Fixed another issue with builder related to saving of existing fields and sections
- Added counter for repeatable fields
- Fixed issue with builder pertaining to new fields and sections not saving
- File repeatable-fields.js missing from JS folder
- Fixed Builder UID validation bug
- Add new import and export feature for builder data
- Fixed bug related to editor field’s name attribute
- Fixed bug related to multi-level group field’s name attributes
- Minor bug fix
- Refactoring of code
- Duplicate uid no longer checked for sections & fields that skip registry
- Added new page_templates_not & post_formats_not boolean properties which if set to true will inverse the check
- Added ‘Standard’ to Post Formats list
- Bug fixes
- Fixed a JS ReferenceError
- Added Visual Builder
- Added new Widgets section which let’s you add fields to custom Field Framework Widgets
- Passing -1 to DateTime’s date_format or time_format arguments will disable display of Date or Time respectively.
- Manually assign post ID to media uploader if and only if a given post type doesn’t have thumbnail support enabled
- Minor bug fixes
- Added a new Users field
- Fixed two issues related to the media uploader
- Further improvements to default values that are returned for the fields
- Added skip_save argument which if set to true and passed to sections, will skip saving of those sections
- DateTime and ColorPicker fields now appears on focus instead of click. They are not called on click because when delegated, they would need to be clicked twice to appear.
- Replaced ColorPicker widget to more advanced one
- Added new boolean section argument named hide_content_editor for Posts sections which if set to true will hide the content editor for those sections
- Minor bug fixes related to delegation of events
- Fixed an orphaned HTML right angle bracket
- Screenshots updated
- Field names no longer need to be the same as the field’s unique id. Instead, they can be set manually by passing a variable with key ‘name’ to the arguments array.
- Registered sections will now be rendered even if they don’t have any fields associated to them.
- Added actions ff_section_before and ff_section_after which get called respestively before and after a section is rendered. section_uid is passed as an argument to the Action.
- Added actions ff_field_before and ff_field_after which get called respestively before and after a field is rendered. field_uid is passed as an argument to the Action.
- Added new boolean field argument named minimal which if set renders the field using minimal HTML. Specially useful for groups which you would like to use as containers
- Minor bug fix
- Improved default values that are returned for the fields.
- Refactored various parts of the plugin
- Updated online documentation
- Fixed minor bugs
- Added a new ColorPicker Field
- Removed URL and Email fields because a regular Text Field seems to serve well for these fields
- Added a new DateTime field
- Fixed variable not set warnings
- Added a new Drop Down Field which displays a list of posts or terms
- Added the ability of displaying fields conditionally depending on their post format(s) or page template(s)
- Error are now thrown as Exceptions. This will help developers pinpoint the exact location which generated the error
- Added a new Radio field
- Added three functions that can be used on the frontend to retrieve a particular field or all fields from a certain section. Refer to the documentation for more information on this.
- Refactored parts of the plugin
- Initial release