A simple featured posts plugin which allows for a full customizable display. Featured Posts allows you to display a post excerpt or custom excerpt along with an image anywhere outside the_loop.
- Upload the entire folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- Go to your plugins page and activate plugin.
- Go to settings/Featured Posts and enter the ID of the post and select an image to be used along with any other settings you wish to choose.
- Add anywhere outside the loop.
- Make any necessary changes to the CSS in the featured-posts.css file. width, font-size and margins are the most common to need changing.
- What is the recommended image size?
Any number at or below the size you chose for thumbnails within the admin panel. This will help minimize bandwidth usage and allow for faster loading.
- How can I add Featured Posts to my homepage only?
Place within your index.php but outside the loop.
- How can I add Featured Posts to a specific category?
Place within your categories.php file (or index.php file is categories.php doesn’t exist).