(and a small description under the Title) of the Posts/Pages. The Slideshow highlights the active Post and repeats automatically after getting to the 5th Post. You have a powerful Administration Area to adjust the
whole Layout of the Slideshow. Inserting new Posts/Pages now is as easy as can be. Just choose “Feature in WP-Content Slideshow” when editing a post or a page.
- Titles and small description
- Navigation possibility (when hitting a Title the Image appears)
- Image for every different Post (No need for timthumb anymore!)
- Support both posts and Pages now!
- Powerful Administration for Posts and Styles of the Slideshow
- Abilty to makes more the one slider like [itemslider = home]
- Ability to select effect form an effect pool
- Download and Upload /featured-item-slider/ to wordpress Plugin directory (wp-content/plugins/)
- Go to the ‘Plugins’ Page of your Administration Area and activate the Plugin.
<?php include (ABSPATH . '/wp-content/plugins/featured-item-slider/featured-item-slider.php'); ?>in your template or use [itemslider] as placeholder on a page/post to show the Slidehsow.
- Edit a post or a page and choose “Feature in Featured Item Slider”, right beneath your Editor
- Set an image as “Featured Image” (WordPress Post-Thumbnail Support)
- Edit Layout & Settings in WP-Admin (Settings -> Featured item slider). Here Change the height and width,
all the other dimension will be changed automatically. Also you can change the colors.
- Where can I insert the Item Slider ?
You can Insert the Featured Item Slider almost everywhere you want (it looks best under Navigation Bar)!
- Where can I edit the Stylesheet?
You don’t have to edit the Stylesheet you can make changes directly in your Administration Panel (Settings –>
featured item slider). Here Change the height and width, all the other dimension will be changed automatically. Also
you can change the colors.
- What is perfect Resolution for the Images and slider?
Plug-in will be takes care of all the Resolution automatically. so you can use image and slider of any Resolution you
want without doing any css fixing.
- Thumbnails are not being generated?
Thumbnails are being automatically generated with WordPress, when you are uploading an image. If you are already having pictures set you have to regenerate thumbnails using the “regenerate thumbnails plugin”, otherwise old thumbnails won’t display.
Contributors & Developers
“Featured Item Slider” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- First version