Slideshows can be published in WordPress by any of these ways (or all at the same time):
- manual placement directly into your WordPress theme template files (requires editing the template file you want to place a slideshow in and add a small piece of code);
- shortcode placement directly into a post or page content;
- widget placement into any widget areas your theme has;
- automatic placement in any page just above the page loop.
While Lite version of FeaturedArticles provides all the neccessary tools for creating very nice slideshows, PRO version of this same plugin comes in addition with:
- more slider themes, all video enabled and responsive;
- video enabled custom slides for YouTube and Vimeo that can embed videos in your WordPress sliders;
- custom slides that can be created using the visual editor;
- sliders can be created from any post type registered on your WordPress website;
- for posts and custom post types, selection of posts by taxonomies;
- mixing of posts, custom posts, pages and custom slides into the same slider;
- visual color scheme editor that allows you to blend-in slideshows into your overall blog design without having to write a single line of CSS;
- priority support and debugging for 3'rd party plugins and themes conflicts;
- cached sliders for faster page loading time;
- possibility to attach videos to any slide (post, custom post, page or custom slide);
- possibility to import video title, description and image as slide title, content and slide image or featured image;
- dynamic slider areas management that allow slider publishing in your WordPress website by simple drag and drop;
- sliders created from WordPress Gallery images;
- and more...
- Add, remove, order any slideshow content made of pages or mixed content;
- Animation control (based on individual themes);
- Write custom slides by using the WordPress editor (PRO);
- Put videos in posts, custom posts, pages and custom slides from Vimeo or YouTube and import video image, video title and description as slide image, title and description;
- Customize posts and pages displayed into slideshows by specifying a different title, content, slide background color, image and more;
- Change themes by choosing from the available slider themes;
- Change theme color palette by simply creating a new color stylesheet that can skin the theme without messing with the CSS responsible for layout;
- Create color palette stylesheets using a visual editor(PRO);
- Preview slideshow directly in your website before publishing it in your pages.
- Display slideshows by widgets, shorcodes, manual code snippet or automatic display above any page loop;
- Create new themes that can completely change the default animations and can add new options fields custom for it in Slider editing in WordPress admin;
- Cache sliders for faster page loading;
- Allow different user groups access to plugin pages;
- Create dynamic areas that allow you to publish sliders by simply drag and drop;
- Select the areas where you want your sliders to be published;
- Customize slides contents by using the available options;
- and more...
These are just a few of the things this plugin can do so just go on and try it for yourself.
The plugin can be used to display your fresh content on your homepage, display related posts on single post pages, put special offers into sliders to create attention and any other way you see fit.